Professional Tree Climbing Course
By appointment only – call or email to schedule
2:1 participant to instructor ratio
Usually about 4-6 hours of hands-on instruction and climbing.
$120 per participant
• Topics covered and duration of program are determined by the participant’s experience level, climbing style, and what they would like to learn.
• Perfect for tree work companies with new climbers, or climbers who are looking to improve their skills and learn techniques to increase productivity and reduce accidents and fatigue.
• Eliminates the frustration and risk of job site training.
• Also suitable for those interested in recreational tree climbing.
• Tree climbing safety will be stressed in accordance with the ANSI Z133 safety standard for the tree care industry.
• Tree, site, and gear inspection
• Choosing a tie-in point
• Throwline and setting a climbing line
• Knots and friction hitches
• Double rope ascending techniques (footlocking the tail, foot ascender, body thrust)
• Advancing your climbing line
• Safety lanyard use
• Limbwalking and body positioning
• Redirecting your climbing line
• Cambium savers and floating blocks
• Body positioning while cutting
• Rigging – applied forces and mechanical advantage
• Using spikes and other removal techniques – climbing on a spar
• Proper pruning cuts
*since we do our climbing seminars in public parks, cutting techniques will be discussed and simulated, but not practiced.